Ends Statements 2014-2018
1. The people of Unity Church-Unitarian value a deeply meaningful, transforming liberal religious experience. As individuals, we
a. Open ourselves to compassionate pastoral care in times of joy, sorrow, and transition
b. Develop spiritual practices that nurture reverence and encourage diverse worship services rich in beauty, serenity, community and joy
c. Embrace our identity as Unitarian Universalists and live out the principles of our shared faith in our daily lives
d. Cultivate a spirit of curiosity and welcome, growing from a desire for authentic relationship.
2. Unity Church-Unitarian is a community of welcome, reverence, and deep connection. As a community, we
a. Sustain and encourage one another in love
b. Reach out to one another across differences and stand together in the face of injustice
c. Value our shared ministry and practice it with integrity
d. Foster a culture of open, inclusive leadership and meaningful engagement
e. Are generous with our time, talents, resources and creativity
f. Are careful stewards of our resources and facilities.
3. Unity Church-Unitarian carries out the work of love in community, making a positive impact in our neighborhood and in our world.
Grounded in the transforming power of our faith, we
a. Open our doors and our hearts to those who seek comfort, courage, and meaning
b. Build authentic relationships with people across differences, in the spirit of humility and reverence
c. Live out our commitment to racial reconciliation and to dismantling racism
d. Serve as a trusted and visible leader, partner, and advocate for the creation of a just society and a sustainable environment
e. Participate actively in the larger Unitarian Universalist community.
Service & Learning
- Adult Learning & Spiritual Practice >
- Cairns Arts Journal
Children and Youth
- Community Outreach Ministry Social Justice >
- Library and Bookstall
- Literary Ministry
- Music Ministry
- Parish Hall Artists >
- Pastoral Care >
- UU Families
- Volunteer Corner
- Wellspring Wednesday